Saturday, December 15, 2012

THE DARK LORD IS HERE!


Finally, I've published my first comic ebook, Nutzoids: Attack of the Dark LordIt is colorful, satirical comic mash up of iconic elements from our entertainment culture with politics and the super hero genre. The comic book begins as the Nutzoids, a group of super heroes created out of recycled materials to fulfill a Defense Department contract, are about to participate in their first war game. The brilliant and greedy Dr Strawberry, their creator, has built them out of junk in an effort to maximize his profits. In a cosmic turn of events the law of unintended consequences kicks in trapping Dr Strawberry between the overwhelming power of a truly evil mastermind (The Dark Lord Of The Senate) and the growing independence of his newly created super heroes. Strawberry’s enormous greed has lured them into the Dark Lord's web and now the Nutzoids are about to experience the full power of his wrath. Will they survive and more importantly can they foil the Dark Lord’s evil scheme?

Nutzoids: Attack of the Dark Lord is free for noncommercial use and can be downloaded at this web address:

Just a couple of technical notes. I created this comic book using a flip book publishing program called Desk Top Author and you should be able to view it on your browser or as a download. It is also supposed to work on both PCs and Macs.

What I found when I tested the ebook however, was that it worked well on PCs using Internet Explorer but when I used Google Chrome or Fire Fox or Safari it would not run in the browser window. So if you are using one of those browsers on a PC just download the ebook to your computer and activate it there. If you download the ebook you will also need to download what's called a DNL Reader program, it's also free and only takes a minute.

Macs turned out to be more problematic. I could not get the DNL Reader program to install properly on my Mac. This is likely because I'm not very experienced with Apple products, perhaps you will have better luck. Please let me know how you fare. In any case, I'm working on an iPad version and a PDF version, between the two of them they should run on all Apple products, except maybe iPods and the iPhone. 

So enjoy and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment